This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

is it ready for production?

Apr 21, 2014 at 5:48 PM
Edited Apr 21, 2014 at 6:11 PM
The disclaimer on the home page, "If you wish to use this library in production code do so at your own risk", makes me nervous deploying this library in production.

While I will be testing it in my dev environment, to gain more confidence I would like to know about any production deployments of this library and the volume of evaluations performed.

Thank you.
Apr 22, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Hi.

I am actually using this in a very important product. Although it hasn't been into full production yet, so far in qa testing it works very well.

In terms of volume expression eval works best when resulting functions are cached whenever possible for speed. Remember that compilation is still ebing done so if you are compiling an expression that you have lready compiled before you are introducing overhead.

Otherwise I see no reason for volume to affect expression eval output.

The risk I guess is that there may be a few implementation details that might not work as expected. This is because the c# implementation isn't complete yet

But if it runs your expression and gives you the desired output then I'm sure it will perform its job in a production environment.

Let me know if you encounter any problems.